LATERAL FLOW TESTING FOR CBOI MEMBERS IN ORDER TO FACILITATE THE SAFE RETURN TO ORCHESTRA REHEARSALS
WHY ARE WE CARRYING OUR LATERAL FLOW TESTS (LFTs)? Lateral Flow Tests are being carried out by CBOI to detect if you are infected with COVID-19. You should only have a LFT if you don’t have any symptoms. LFTs are designed to identify infected people without symptoms. The purpose of testing is to ensure that everyone in the building is protected from exposure to Covid-19
TYPE OF LFT: The test will be carried out by MediLink Ambulance Service who have worked on all of the most recent trial concerts and sports events. Their fully trained and experienced team will use a sterile swab to take a very gentle nasal swab. The results will be available within 15 minutes. Tests will be carried out on August 5th only.
COST: MediLink are sponsoring this service so there is no cost to CBOI members
EVERYBODY SHOULD PRODUCE A NEGATIVE TEST RESULT BEFORE ENTERING THE BUILDING: Most recent information and research shows that people who are fully vaccinated or who have previously had Covid-19 can get reinfected. They may have symptoms or be asymptomatic, but can also transmit Covid-19. Therefore, we have been advised that everybody (members, tutors, staff, volunteers), including those who have been vaccinated and those who have previously had Covid-19 should PRODUCE A NEGATIVE TEST BEFORE ENTERING THE BUILDING.
OPTIONS: You can
- Book a test with MediLink (for which we also need your consent) Booking / Consent form below.
- Provide a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours of rehearsal
- Provide a negative Lateral Flow Self-Test result taken on the morning of 5th August
(If you are happy to do the self-test please do so as it will help to reduce the possibility of any delay at the beginning of the workshop. LFTs can be bought for approx. €5 – €10 online and at many outlets including Circle K, Applegreen
TAKING PART IN TESTING IS VOLUNTARY. Our goal is to safely return to playing music. Research shows that lateral flow testing is a very strong indicator of Covid infection and a very useful resource for ensuring group safety. Therefore we appeal to everybody to get tested. However, there is no obligation to participate. Nobody is required to undergo testing without consent, and nobody will be excluded from CBOI if they do not wish to take the test.
DO NOT ATTEND CBOI REHEARSAL IF
- you have Covid-19
- you have any symptoms of Covid-19
- you are a close contact of someone with Covid 19 (unless you have completed self – isolating for 14 days) CLOSE CONTACT
WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT COLÁISTE CHU CHULAINN:
- Do not mix with anyone or enter the building unless you already have a negative PCR or LFT result.
- Go to the MediLink Ambulance at the designated time for your test. Maintain social distancing and wear your mask.
- After your test, remain outside / return to your car. The MediLink Team will call you with your results within 15 – 20 minutes.
- If you have a negative test result, you may enter the building and go directly to you designated room. Get set up, tune and start practicing.
- If your test is positive, you should immediately contact the HSE to arrange a PCR test, and begin self-isolation. HSE COVID TEST
|GROUPS||TIME OF TEST|
|Tutors, Staff, Volunteers||8am|
|Cellos, Double Basses, Percussion, Harps||9am|
|Clarinets, Saxes & Brass||9:30am|
**ALL CBOI MEMBERS, TUTORS, STAFF & VOLUNTEERS MUST COMPLETE THIS FORM**
The information collected on this booking / consent form is deemed to be Personal / Sensitive and will be treated as confidential. This consent form should be completed by:
- Parent / Carer of members under 16 years. (Please complete one consent form for each child being tested)
- Members 16 to 18 years who are able to provide informed consent, having discussed participation with their parent / carer
- Members 18 yrs and over, Staff, Tutors, Volunteers.
- Anyone self-testing
- Anyone who does not wish to take or produce a test
BOOKING & CONSENT FORM: