Call to all Primary Schools in Liverpool. Sign up for Liverpool Peace Proms 2017, Echo Arena 3pm Saturday 28th January.
Peace Proms is a FREE resource and choral education project for Primary Schools, which celebrates culture and diversity and promotes peace, unity and tolerance through music. Bring your students along to sing with a choir of 3,000 children in the Liverpool Echo area as part of a showcase performance with Ireland’s most celebrated youth symphony orchestra – Cross Border Orchestra of Ireland and a host of top soloists, conducted by internationally acclaimed UK conductor – Mr. Greg Beardsell.
The musical programme is tailor made to ensure it is fun and engaging for children, fulfills important educational requirements, is very rewarding to teach, and the end performance is an inspirational and thrilling experience for choirs, teachers, parents and audiences alike!!
· Peace Proms is suitable for children aged 7 – 13 years. There is no limit to the number of children who can participate from each school
· Peace Proms engages children and young people in music and enriches their lives through exceptional musical experiences and performances.
· Peace Proms fulfills important educational requirements, is very rewarding to teach, and the end performance is an inspirational and thrilling experience for choirs, teachers, parents and audiences alike!!
· Peace Proms is for everyone. Whether your school choir is established or starting out, Peace Proms gives all choirs the once in a lifetime opportunity to:
◦ Participle in a large-scale event which and promotes peace, tolerance and unity.
◦ Sing with a choir of up to 3,000 children
◦ Perform with a full symphony youth orchestra – the Cross Border Orchestra of Ireland.
◦ Work with one of the UK’s leading professional conductors – Greg Beardsell and a host of top soloists
◦ Perform at the Echo Arena, Liverpool
◦ Develop vocal technique, presentation and performance
◦ Experience a variety of musical styles and genres
Peace Proms is NOT-FOR-PROFIT and is a FREE resource and choral education project for Primary Schools.
• There is no fee to participate and no hidden costs.
• Participating schools are provided with a rehearsal CD and workbook – free of charge.
• The workshop is provided for participating schools – free of charge.
• Choir members wear a plain white t-shirt (£2 in Primark) and dark bottoms (e.g. school trousers/skirt and tights).
• Schools may organise Parents to drive the children to the workshop and concert. Some schools may wish to organise a bus. In this case, schools/parents are expected to cover the cost of the bus.
• The programme is self-funding through ticket sales. Parents who wish to see the show, book directly through the Echo Arena.
• Teachers have always been wonderful at encouraging Parents to go to the show as it is something they are extremely proud of. However, teachers are not expected to organise ticket sales.