APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE APPLIED
COUNT US IN
· Limited places are now available in CELLO
· Free music lessons for children aged 8 – 11 years
· Free cello on loan & free weekly group lessons
WHAT IS COUNT US IN? Count Us In is a free specialist instrumental tuition programme run by the Cross Border Orchestra of Ireland. This pioneering project is modelled on the Venezuelan system of music education which is regarded as the best in the world and is based on group learning and performance.
OUR AIM: Through our Count Us In programme we aim to deliver exceptional music tuition to children who may not otherwise have the opportunity. CUI is also an essential feeder programme for the Cross Border Orchestra of Ireland to ensure our sustainability.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 5PM FRIDAY 18TH FEBRUARY.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
This is most suitable for children aged 8 to 11yrs who have a foundation in Piano but this is not essential. You should only apply to this programme on behalf of your child if:
· You are serious about learning music
· You have a genuine ambition for your child to become a confident musician and a contributing member of the CBOI in the future
· You can commit fully to the schedule of lessons on Wednesdays and/or Sundays going forward
· You understand that it will be essential to practice daily at home in order to keep up with your group
· You understand that this is LONG-TERM. We don’t want anybody joining to ‘try it’ for a few weeks and give up – thus depriving a serious student of the opportunity. This should be discussed at home and you should only apply if you are prepared to commit.