Registrations of interest now open http://peaceproms.com/count-us-in-free-lessons/
Free music lessons for children aged 9 – 12 years
Free instrument on loan & free weekly group lessons
Lessons are held on 3 Sundays per month during the school year, at Coláiste Chu Chulainn, Dundalk.
WHAT IS COUNT US IN? Count Us In is a free instrument tuition programme for children run by the Cross Border Orchestra of Ireland (CBOI) and is an important feeder programme for CBOI. Children receive an instrument on loan and a free weekly group lesson. 90 children currently participate. Count Us In is modelled on the Venezuelan system of music education which is regarded as the best in the world and is based on group learning and performance.
WHEN & WHERE: Group lessons take place in Coláiste Chu Chulainn, Dundalk on Sunday mornings from September throughout the school year. Lessons are given by our team of outstanding tutors.
WHO SHOULD APPLY to Count Us In?
CUI is most suitable for children aged 9 – 12yrs. You should only apply to this programme on behalf of your child if:
- You are serious about learning music
- You have a genuine ambition for your child to become a confident musician and a contributing member of the CBOI in the future
- You can commit fully to the schedule of lessons on Sundays
- You understand that it will be essential to practice daily at home with your child in order to keep up with the class
- You understand that this is LONG-TERM. We don’t want anybody joining to ‘try it’ for a few weeks and then give up, thus depriving a serious student of the opportunity. This should be discussed at home.
- Parents may be required to attend lessons with their son/daughter.
- Classes will commence in September or when there are adequate numbers.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org