Dear Principals, Teachers and Choir Directors,
We are delighted to announce that Peace Proms 2020 will take place in Liverpool, Galway, Dublin, Belfast, Waterford. ‘Registrations of Interest’ will open on April 1st at www.peaceproms.com
- Only schools which complete the ‘Registration of Interest’ will be eligible to participate in the programme
- Completing the ‘Registration of Interest’ does not guarantee your school a place in the programme
- The number of children registered is the Maximum you will be allowed in your choir
- All schools must participate in ONE Choral Workshop held in November 2019 and One Concert (Schedule Below).
ROUND 1 offers will be made to successful schools on the Tuesday 3rd September. All other schools will be placed on a reserve list and will be notified to that effect. In order to secure a place, ROUND 1 Schools must complete their application through the Peace Proms Database by 27th September.
ROUND 2 offers will be made by 7th October.
PLEASE NOTE: Peace Proms is recommended for:
- Republic of Ireland Schools – 3rd Class & upwards
- Northern Ireland Schools – P4 & upwards
- UK Schools – Key Stage 2 choirs & upwards
- You can register your interest from April 1st at www.peaceproms.com
Please feel free to forward this to anyone you think might be interested.
Peace Proms is a Free resource and choral education project for Primary Schools. The musical programme is tailor made to ensure it is fun and engaging for children, fulfils important educational requirements, is very rewarding to teach, and the end performance is an inspirational and thrilling experience for choirs, teachers, parents and audiences alike! Peace Proms engages children and young people in music and enriches their lives through exceptional musical experiences and performances. Peace Proms celebrates culture and diversity and promotes peace, unity and tolerance through music.
Peace Proms is for everyone. Whether your choir is established or just starting out, Peace Proms gives your choir the once in a lifetime opportunity to:
- Sing with a choir of up to 3,000 children
- Perform with a full symphony youth orchestra
- Work with one of the UK’s leading professional conductors – Greg Beardsell
- Perform at top venues e.g. the Echo Arena Liverpool, the RDS Dublin, Sports Arena Waterford, the SSE Arena Belfast and UL Sports Arena Limerick.
- Develop vocal technique, presentation and performance
- Experience a variety of musical styles and genres
Peace Proms Involves:
- IN SCHOOL LEARNING: With their teachers, children learn up to 8 songs or medleys in different genres. Schools are provided with choir packs, and a rehearsal CD
- REGIONAL WORKSHOPS: Each school participates in ONE regional workshop which will take place in November during school hours and is given by renowned conductor Greg Beardsell.
- PEACE PROMS CONCERT: All schools perform with the Cross Border Orchestra of Ireland and a host of top soloists in ONE concert which will take place in Spring 2020
Register your interest from the 1st April at: www.peaceproms.com