COUNT US IN – FREE GROUP MUSIC LESSONS FOR CHILDREN & TEENS
· Free music lessons for children aged 8 – 12 years
· Free instrument on loan & free weekly group lessons
WHAT IS COUNT US IN?
Count Us In is a feeder programme for the Cross Border Orchestra of Ireland. You should only apply to this programme if you intend to play music long-term and become a member of the Cross Border Orchestra of Ireland.
Count Us In is a free specialist instrumental tuition programme run by the Cross Border Orchestra of Ireland. This pioneering project is modelled on the Venezuelan system of music education which is regarded as the best in the world and is based on group learning and performance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 5pm Friday 2nd September 2022
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
This is most suitable for children aged 8 to 12yrs who have a foundation in Piano but this is not essential. You should only apply to this programme on behalf of your child if:
- You intend for your child to play music long-term
- You intend for your child to become a member of the Cross Border Orchestra of Ireland
- You can commit fully to the schedule of lessons of Sundays
- You understand that it will be essential to practice daily at home in order to keep up with your group
- You understand that this is LONG-TERM. We don’t want anybody joining to ‘try it’ for a few weeks and give up – thus depriving a serious student of the opportunity. This should be discussed at home and you should only apply if you are prepared to commit.